Top 10 FAQs
Q1. What is the difference between Tera Term and netLD?
A1. Main difference between netLD and Tera Term:
1. netLD manage configurations of all devices on DB all at once. Therefore, it is possible to avoid inconsistency of device management due to forgetting to report configuration of having been changed. In Tera Term, only administrator knows the contents of device change by himself. On the other hand, it is possible for netLD to share history of changes among multiple users.
2. In netLD, it is possible to make report of configuration generation management, comparison, and change history. Therefore, it is possible to make trouble-shooting by configuration comparison with previous one.
3. In netLD, it is possible to make multiple changes to managed devices all at once. In Tera Term, it is necessary to create macro/script to make changes to multiple devices at once. Compare to Tera Term macro, configuration time is saved 89% to make accesslist configuration change to 28 Cisco devices. This is the data provided by NTT Data SMS.
Q2. In Command Runner, is it possible to run command causing rebooting devices in the middle of action?
A2.It is possible to run mutiple configuration commands at once, but not to support configuration that reboots devices in the middle of action.
Q3. Is there a limit on the number of SmartBridges that can connect to one netLD server?
A3.We recommend that up to 10 SmartBridges connect to one netLD server.
Q4. Which ports does netLD use?
A4. Check the section 7.1 Port Usage in NetLD Manual.
D5.What are the requirements for Plug and Play (Zero-Touch)?
A5. A5.There are following conditions to apply Plug and Play (formerly Zero-Touch): ・IOS: After ver.15.2(2) (for Zero-Touch, ver.12.3) released, CNS AutoInstall is implemented. *1 ・startup-config: There should be no "startup-config" that is valid to devices. *2 ・DHCP Server *3: In the case of using netLD DHCP server feature, it should be possible to distribute IP addresses via DHCP to target devices. *1 Implemented features of IOS can be checked from the link below: http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp *2 When placing an order, choose the option in which default configuration is not installed on nvram. If you delete configuration manually, use commands such as "write erase", "erase startup-config", or "erase nvram" and the size of configuration on nvram must be zero. *3 If you don't want to use netLD DHCP feature, you can use an external DHCP Server (DHCP Option 150). If there is no router supporting Zero-Touch in the same broadcast domain in which netLD installed, configure a staging router as a DHCP relay that transfers DHCP requests to netLD.
Q6. How many generation configurations can netLD save?
A6. Data Retention setting has the following options: Perpetual, 1-7 years, and 6 months.
Q7. Is there documentation for core server and SmartBridges about traffic and process?
A7. Yes, you can download the document including the example of the structure of core server and SmartBridges from here.
D8.What is the license of the product and the method of authentication?
R8. [Authentication method of the license] · In the case of Internet connection: Enter the serial number when NetID is isntallato and authenticates online. · If the internet connection is not available: Select filedella license when NetID is installed and applies the MAC authentication (off-line). If you do not have a license file contact firstname.lastname@example.org. When you have your license, you need to have the MAC address of the server. (In the case of multiple network adapters, specify the adapter that you use.) [License holder in case of multiple network adapters]. The license is tied to the MAC address of the server. In case of only one MAC it is possible off-line authentication with the license file. In the case of multiple MAC address the on.line * 1 · authentication is required to prevent the use of illegal licenses. MAC authentication supports only one network card, while the online authentication supports multiple network adapters. · For online authentication, the MAC address can be seen through the command "ipconfig". For example: Even if the server has two network cards and one of them is broken, NetID still keep running. [Reinstalling license is needed] · When NetID is installed · When a new license must be instalalta. · When new nodes are added · When the annual license is renewed [Reissue license] As NetID uses the MAC address to authenticate the license, if the MAC changes because of a problem with the device. you must reinmettere license. In this case, send an email to email@example.com
D9. Is it possible to import managed devices all at once.
R9. It is possible to import managed devices all at once with CSV files. Import procedures: 1. Select "Save inventory import Excel template" from Inventory tab on the right, and save it. 2. Open the file saved, input or select IP address, Network, and Adaptor, save it. 3. Select "Import/update inventory from Excel file" from Inventory tab, import Excel file that is saved in step 2.
D10. Why is a different IP address registered from the IP address that was specified by discovery?
R10. When netLD discovers the device that has multiple IP addresses, netLD chooses administrative IP address and registers it to avoid registering duplicate IP addresses of same device. Therefore, the IP address that is not specified by discovery can be registered. If such IP address that is registered, register it by going to "Add new device". When netLD discovers devices, administrative IP address is selected by following processes:
1. Run "show interface" command when netLD discovers.
2. Run "ping" in order of interfaces that is shown.
3. Pick the IP address that responds first as adminisrative IP address.
Ping execution is operated by following processes:
1. Ping to software Loopback interface at first.
2. If there is no response from softwareLoopback, ping to physical interface that is not loopback.
3. Do not ping to interface that is down.
Per maggiori FAQ's seguire questo link